Terms and conditions
Our courses are designed for highly educated people. Having a higher education degree is not an absolute must, but please take into account that our courses are not suitable for slow learners.
You must speak English if you want to be admitted to our A1 and A2 courses. Participation in our courses requires knowledge of the English language. At the beginner’s levels (A1 and A2), there must be a language of instruction. The language of instruction is English. You need to speak/understand English at least at A2 level.
If you book our course but you do not speak English well, we will cancel your booking. We will charge our administration fee (25 euro) and refund the rest of your payment.
Please take note: If provide us with wrong information about your level of Engels and during the first lesson it appears that you do not speak English well, your admission will be directly canceled. You will not be allowed to participate in the course anymore. You will not receive any refund.
Dutch Placement Test
Students who intend to enroll in a Dutch course at Dutch Academy Eindhoven, and who have previously studied the Dutch language elsewhere, must first complete the Dutch Placement Test. Those students who have never studied the language before, must first complete the Placement Test for New Students.
If you book our course without taking our Placement Test, we will suspend your booking and ask you to take our placement test. If you do not pass the test, we will charge our administration fee (25 euro) and refund the rest of your payment.
You need a student account for e-learning and homework. Your account will be automatically generated after your booking. Please use the same email address for every booking and use it for your student account (Student Dashboard).
Do you have a partner? Please book your courses separately from each other. You and your partner need to use their own email addresses and have different accounts with us. Otherwise, you will not be able to take our tests and receive your Dutch certificate.
These Terms and Conditions apply to all agreements between Dutch Academy Eindhoven and consumers that concern educational services, whether formal education or informal instruction and to all agreements that exclusively concern the purchase of teaching materials.
By becoming a student of Dutch Academy Eindhoven or subscribing to Dutch Academy Eindhoven Online Learning or using the information, tools, features and functionality located on www.DutchAcademyEindhoven.nl and in the book Simpel Nederlands (the “Service”), you are entering into a binding contract with Dutch Academy Eindhoven.
If you do not agree with these Terms, please do not use the Service.
The Service and the content provided through it is the property of Dutch Academy Eindhoven, and we grant you a limited, revocable license to make personal, non-commercial use of the Service and to receive the content made available through the Service, based on the subscription.
Book Simpel Nederlands & Materials
All materials of the Service, including the book Simpel Nederlands, content, text, images, software, audio and video files, documentation remain at all time the sole property of Dutch Academy Eindhoven. Such materials are protected under international copyright, trademark and other intellectual property laws. You may not use, post, distribute, sublicense, translate, print, take pictures, reproduce in any way any such materials without the prior express written consent of Dutch Academy Eindhoven. This includes all terminology and content of the Book Simpel Nederlands. The book Simpel Nederlands is not available for purchase in any bookshop. You are not allowed to sell your book after finishing your course without the prior express written consent of Dutch Academy Eindhoven.
You can change your course prior to the start date of your booked course according this table:
|Date/time of change||Charges*|
|7 days prior to the start date of your booked course||No charges|
|From 7 to 5 days prior to the start date of your booked course||25%|
|From 5 to 3 days prior to the start date of your booked course||50%|
|From 3 to 2 days prior to the start date of your booked course||75%|
|From 2 to 0 days prior to the start date of your booked course||100%|
|After the start date of your booked course||100%|
Dutch Course Eindhoven
Example 1: Your course starts on 1 December. You ask us to change your course on 23 November (7 days before the start date of your booked course). No change charges will be applied. It’s free.
Example 2: Your course starts on 1 December. You ask us to change your course on 25 November (5 days before the start date of your booked course). 25% change charges will be applied. It means you will be charged additional 25% of your booked course fee.
* calculated from an original course fee without any discount. Please take note, if you have received a discount on your course fee and you would like to join another course which costs more or has a lower discount, you will have to pay a difference in price between the two courses.
You can cancel your registration up to two weeks before the beginning of your course free of charge. Cancellations are accepted in written form (email) only. Failure to cancel in time results in full fees being charged.
|Date/time of cancellation||Charges||Refund|
|14 days prior to the start date of your booked course||0%*||100%|
|From 14 to 11 days prior to the start date of your booked course||25%||75%|
|From 11 to 10 days prior to the start date of your booked course||50%||50%|
|From 10 to 7 days prior to the start date of your booked course||75%||25%|
|From 7 to 0 days prior to the start date of your booked course||100%||0%|
|After the start date of your booked course||100%||0%|
Dutch Course Eindhoven
Example 1: Your course starts on 1 December. You ask us to cancel your course on 15 November (14 days before the start date of your booked course). No change charges will be applied. It’s free. You will get 100% refund*.
Example 2: Your course starts on 1 December. You ask us to cancel your course on 20 November (10 days before the start date of your booked course). 25% cancellation charges will be applied. It means you will be charged 25% of your booked course fee. You will get 75% refund.
*Payment fees for PayPal or Credit card payments (usually around 3%) are not refundable. Payment fees for iDeal payments are fully refundable. Received course material cannot be returned and refunded.
Private and Skype lessons need to be cancelled 48 hours before the beginning of the lesson. Failure to do so results in the student being charged for the lesson in question.
Class lessons missed by the student will not be rescheduled. Retrieving (or refund) of missed group lessons is not possible. Our students can find study materials (video, audio, books) and homework of all missed lessons on Student Dashboard.
- Students commit themselves to the course for the duration.
- If the student, for any reason, can not attend the lesson, this student must notify Dutch Academy Eindhoven 24 hours before the start of that lesson.
- Dutch Academy Eindhoven is not liable for damages incurred by students in any form.
- Dutch Academy Eindhoven provides an orderly learning environment. Students will be held liable for any damages caused.
- Barring circumstances beyond Dutch Academy Eindhoven’s control, a replacement teacher will be found in case of absence.
“No homework exit” rule (Homework Brexit rule)
Learning Dutch takes a lot of effort. We expect you to do your homework so your fellow students can do exercises with you during our lessons. When you do not prepare your lesson, your fellow students may have trouble doing exercises with you. This can be very frustrating for them and it slows down their progress in their learning of the Dutch language.
Please take note, we accept only committed students. If you don’t do your homework 3 times in a row, you will not be permitted to participate in our lessons anymore. Your course fee will not be refunded.
Testing & Certification
If you like to receive our certificate, you will need to take our online end test. You can take this test only one time. Your certificate will be automatically generated by our system directly after you complete the test. Your certificate will be provided to you by email. We provide only digital certificates. Please take note, you will receive your certificate only one time.
The end test should be taken at the end of your course according to our course planning. If you do not follow our planning and take the test too early, you will not have another chance to retake the test and will not receive any other certificate. If you like to take the test again, you have to book our private lessons or take the same course again.
- Dutch Academy Eindhoven offers open admission for all Dutch courses to all students and non-students. We do not make seat reservations. It is a first-come-first-serve principle. We recommend that you reserve your seat in our course as early as possible by paying a course fee.
- Private course fees must be paid 24 hours prior to the start time of the course.
- Skype course fees must be paid 24 hours prior to the start time of the course.
- Dutch Academy Eindhoven reserves the right to increase course fees.
- You have to speak English well and pass our Placement Test in order to be admitted to our Dutch course.
- Registration only happens after the receipt of the completed and signed registration form. Through registering you agree to the registration conditions.
- Students will be registered in the order their registration forms are received.
- Fully booked course means that all 12 spots in this course are already taken. You can not enroll in this course. You can enroll in our next course >
- Group lessons can only be offered if there is a minimum number of 8 students. Should a course have to be cancelled or rescheduled, we will inform you at least three working days in advance. You will not be charged.